Sunday 16 December 2007

"Owls" at the Lodge...











Hello again and welcome to issue 3 of the langeberger bringing you once again the lowdown on life at the Lodge. Here are some more photos of our facilities plus reminiscences prompted by leafing through the pages of our Guest Book.
One comment that made me chuckle was from a guest from Israel who wrote in our book: "Excellent hospitalisation!" I wondered how I should broach this with Joy, who would be mortified if anyone suffered undesirable effects after one of her breakfasts!! On the other hand, his party of travellers had enjoyed themselves and to a man looked as fit as the proverbial butcher's dog, so I'm sure we are justified in saying that for "hospitalisation" read "hospitality".
Another linguistic slip which still makes me smile occurred during breakfast one day when a member of a party of Norwegians said,
"Chris, are you aware you have a problem with owls?"
"Owls? I haven't seen or heard any owls since I've lived here."
"Yes, there are some of them in our room this morning..."
And then it dawned on me...
"Ants" I said, "Do you mean ants?"
Which he did, of course. But in case you're wondering if we are supporters of Insect Relief at the Lodge, remember the acronym TAB. It stands for "That's Africa, baby!" And so it is. A quick spray of something nasty soon sorted out those ants.
Well, it's been nice talking to you again, and all too soon it's time to go.
Adios amigos,
Chris

No comments: